The Behringwerke site
The Behringwerke site in Marburg is an industrial park specialising in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Site operator Pharmaserv not only provides them with buildings for research and production, but also comprehensive services in the areas of site management, technology and logistics.
The pharmaceutical site in figures
About 6,000 people currently work at the Behringwerke site in Marburg in internationally successful pharmaceutical companies, including CSL Behring GmbH, GSK Vaccines GmbH, BioNTech Manufacturing Marburg GmbH and Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products GmbH.
The site covers about 67.4 hectares, with about six hectares of vacant block fields ready for development. The approximately 200 buildings currently on the site have a net floor space of about 160,000 square metres. Around 80,000 square metres of parking space is available for employees and visitors, plus 60,000 square metres of yard and road space. Pharmaserv operates two fully equipped workshops at the site.
Supply and disposal networks with a total length of 275 kilometres reliably supply the companies. An eight-kilometre fence around the site ensures security.
Pharmaserv - owner and site operator
Pharmaserv GmbH is the owner of the site as well as of a large part of the buildings that are rented to the site companies. If desired, Pharmaserv will take care of both conversions and new buildings. Pharmaserv also takes care of site management, infrastructure and energy supply, offers comprehensive technical services and has its own brand for pharmaceutical logistics, Pharmaserv Logistics.
Pharmaserv employs around 500 people at the Behringwerke site who are specially trained in site management, technology and logistics for the pharmaceutical industry. Pharmaserv also offers technical services from its branches in Frankfurt and Cologne. An airfreight hub in Groß-Gerau, directly near Frankfurt Airport, rounds off the range of services.
The advantages of the location at a glance
- Optimal infrastructure in two plant sections
- Individual service offer
- Synergy effects through existing networks
- Buildings ready for use as required
- Development planning coordinated with the authorities
- Future-oriented site master planning
- Developed block fields for your settlement
- Free, immediately available rental space (to a limited extent)
- Integration into site master planning if required
- Great potential for further development
- Proximity to science and research
- Highly qualified employees
- Central location in Germany and Europe
- High quality of life
- Competent local site operator
- High level of pharmaceutical know-how
- Integrated FM services from a single source
- GxP service technicians quickly on site
- GMP warehouse with Pharma Distribution Center